Sunday, February 28, 2010

Best hair products for african american hair?

there are lots of things we cant put in our hair so i was wondering what are some good products i can use in my hair to keep it healthy.Best hair products for african american hair?
There are a lot of products we can't put in our hair? Really? I wasn't aware of this and I don't know what you mean by it. If you're talking about petroleum-laced products then I agree that we shouldn't put that $hit in our hair. I also don't know if you're relaxed or natural and that could make a difference. I usually use organic or natural products for my hair because they are less harsh and dont make my hair very dry. My hair is natural and I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in conditioner and the Wen hair care line and these work great for my hair. I also use Nexxus and Neutrogena products. I've used V05 Moisture Milks shampoo and this was the best I've used since being natural. I also use raw ingredients like shea and cocoa butters and jojoba, coconut, and olive oils. All of these things help keep my hair moisturized and help keep it healthy.





When I was relaxed I used Pantene, Dove, and TCB hair and scalp moisturizer. It really depends on your hair and hair type when it comes to products, because what one person uses on her hair might not work for you. Trial and error.





For wash and conditioner I use: Wen cleansing conditioner, I used to use V05 before I switched to Wen. Wen is expensive so when I finished with my 3 bottles I'm going to switch to a Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. I wash about 3-4 times a week.





For deep conditioner I use: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Recovery Hair Mask. This makes my hair extremely moisturized. I use this about once a week. I sometimes use my Wen cleansing conditioner as a deep conditioner (It has multiple uses).





For protein I use: Nexxus Emergency. This keeps my curls bouncy so I don't loose elasticity and it keeps my hair stronger so it doesn't break off. I use this about once every two weeks, and I always follow with the Neutrogena hair mask.





For daily moisture I use: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Nexxus Hemectant (sp) Moisturizing Conditioner, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Smooth as Silk Leave-in. I switch between them. I also seal in my moisture with olive oil so my hair doesn't become dry. I also use Giovanni as my leave-in after I wash.





I also add coconut oil to my hair sometimes at night so my hair doesn't get too dry overnight. I baggy with a natural oil too if I feel my hair could use a bit more repair. I do hot oil treatments with Extra virgin olive oil and this has helped make my hair noticeably stronger, more elasticity, shinier, and silkier and smoother to the touch, among other things.





My hair is natural and it can easily become very dry so my regimen is focused on moisture. I haven't had any breakage since going natural last year. Had i known about the products I used when I was relaxed then I would have definitely used them on my relaxed hair, especially the natural and organic products.Best hair products for african american hair?
there is a lot of info. on longhaircareforum.com and k-i-s-s.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment